INTEK was approached by a major food product producer to build a custom conveyor oven with the ability to melt and fuse cheese on food products such as premium breads and pizzas. After conducting product feasibility testing, INTEK was able to approach the project with real time data assuring that the desired results would be achievable. The solution was to provide a single zone electric infrared oven. The oven design was compact enough to be inserted into the customer’s production line with limited available space, yet powerful enough to perform the melting in the available 84” space. An added benefit was provided by the design which allows the conveyor to be unplugged from the control panel and removed from the oven assembly for cleaning. Stainless steel was used to insure easy cleaning and long life.
- Dimensions 210" x 24" x 12"
- Power Requirement: 480V, 3pH, 60hz, 70 Amps
- Wattage: 48kW
- Heat Source: INTEK Electric IR Modular Heaters
- Process Temp: Product varies, 200°F to 350°F
- Cost Savings: Dramatic Increase in Productivity