Custom Industrial Batch OvenCase Study
INTEK was approached by a major pet food manufacturer to build a custom conveyor oven with drying and cooling incorporated into the same design. After conducting product feasibility testing, INTEK was able to approach the project with real time data assuring that the desired results would be achievable. The solution was to provide and electric infrared oven with independently controlled, dual heat zones provided both above and below the pet food product riding on a 30-inch-wide stainless-steel woven wire belt with a variable speed drive. The oven design included an extended discharge conveyor to allow sufficient time for cooling before final packaging of the finished product. Stainless steel was used for all oven and conveyor surfaces where the product might make contact.
- Dimensions 210″ x 24″ x 12″
- Power Requirement: 480V-3pH / 70 Amps / 60Hz
- Wattage: 48kW
- Heat Source: INTEK Electric IR Modular Heaters
- Process Temp: Product varies, 200°F to 350°F
- Cost Savings: Dramatic Increase in Productivity