Industrial Electric Convection Batch Oven for the Automotive IndustryCase Study
How to build two ovens in one for maximum flexibility yet maintain precision control?
Intek was contacted by a major supplier of automotive components to design a unique batch oven with high velocity, tempered air aimed down vertically from the top of the oven with consistent air flow front to back in the oven. An air knife helped ensure that the air was properly aimed to pass uniformly through the multiple layers of vertically oriented sheet material to expedite the drying process and increase productivity. An added feature allowed for each side of the oven to be operated independently from the other as if it were a separate oven, creating virtually two ovens in one.
Improved product quality due to precision of controlled process temperature and air flow. Increased productivity by reducing drying time to approximately 25% of previous process time.
- SYSTEM DIMENSIONS: Internal – 52 W x 144 L x 59 H
- POWER REQUIREMENT: 90kW / 480V-3PH / 125A / 60Hz
- HEAT SOURCE: Dual 45 kW Electric Duct Heaters
- RECIRCULATING BLOWER: Dual 4000 CFM Blowers
- EXHAUST: 450 CFM
- PROCESS TEMP: 200F
- PROCESS TIME: 2 Hours
- RESULTS: Improved product quality due to precision of controlled process temperature and air flow. Increased productivity by reducing drying time to approximately 25% of previous process time.